Friday, January 9, 2009

TWO TAKES ON SILENCE

WAITING IN SILENCE
Theresa Lora Z.

Silence is not merely the absence of noise. It is the home of our secret desires and goals. We aim for something we greatly desire but we keep it in ourselves. My greatest desire is found in the silence of my heart. I crave for their attention. I long for their love. I aim for my parents’ time. I just keep all the emptiness I feel inside me. I don’t want to force them to love me. Well, here I am ……just waiting in silence.

______________________________








THE DEAFENING SOUND OF ISOLATION
Manfred D.

Silence is the feeling of emptiness within. It’s the feeling of being alone. A silent heart is due to lack of a companion. It’s the isolation of oneself from his peers—like a bird away from its flock. No matter how deafening the surrounding may be, with the lack of belongingness, silence is still heard within. The only remedy for this pain is the creation of new friendship.







Rafael Antonio is my nephew, seen here when he was about five months old.

No comments: