Saturday, January 3, 2009

LETTER NO. 4 - THE LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST


December 29

Dear Jolly,

I would like to thank you again for the nice gift you gave me.

What stuck to my mind though was the message that came with it! I was humbled by the trust you gave me. I was sincere when I told you not to be afraid to flap your wings and reached the sky just like Jonathan did, because I would always be there to catch if you fall.

You have soared to greater heights in life today. You got almost everything. You are more than intelligent because you are educated. You are more than physically appealing because you are beautiful on the inside. Your manners and demeanor leave everybody wanting. You have been weighed; you have been measured and you have been found close to perfection.

I don’t want to call you intelligent because you are not. Intelligence stops at theories in life. Education commences where intelligence ends. You have survived college, and the hospital therefore, you are not merely a bundle of brain tissue but rather a complex of guts, brains and brawns. Only educated people can survive life because they are meant to. Intelligent people sometimes become the problem. Educated people have always been the solution.

You have also come to grow very attractive. It’s all in the genes, you may say. I know that. But more than just physically attractive is how beautiful you are within. You have a beautiful face but your heart is lot more beautiful. Your heart is as pure as your intentions. Today, what counts is not how you look from
outside but how you appear from deep within. You are indeed one of God’s favored children.

Not only are your intentions as pure as your heart but also your actions. The way you move speaks of grace, confidence and good manners. Never have I seen you conduct rudely or impolitely. The way you carry on a conversation speaks of your respect for others.

For all these good things I have seen in you now, I know you have imperfections still. You are only but human therefore you have shortcomings too. You have problems too. You pained too. Never mind. These things will remind you of Him. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I remain...

Your good friend,
Sir Carlo

No comments: