Sunday, February 1, 2009

ON WHY DO I EXIST

Playing a Part on Life’s Jigsaw Game


Each of us has different perception about life. How one sees life may differ from another. One may see that life is like a wheel – a cycle of life and death. Another may see it differently. We may have different opinions and ideas about life but for me, it is a jigsaw puzzle.

I see life as a jigsaw puzzle because life is an interconnection of people. Every person that I meet is a piece of the puzzle that completes me. Each person is unique, like the shape of every puzzle piece – there is no piece that has the same shape like the other. I cannot afford to lose a puzzle piece for losing a piece leaves the puzzle incomplete. In the same manner, I cannot afford to lose or to disregard someone who I know is invaluable.

Every person in my life is invaluable as I am in their lives. I also play an important role in the lives of the people around me. I am also a unique piece in the puzzle of their lives. I know I am, even though some may not realize it. They may not realize that I have become a part of them and they have become a part of me. Still, I will do my best to perform my role as a part of their lives. Every one then is connected to each other one way or another for they are a part of other people’s lives. Every one of us is interconnected with each other even though we may not be conscious about it.

This is an excerpt from an essay of the same title written by one of my students, Jeff F. Top picture was taken in Timuga Falls, Iligan. Bottom picture was taken with my students who will be graduating this March 2009.

1 comment:

Jax said...

Whew. Galing mo Jeff! Hehehe. Saludo ako sau tol. Future witer ka. Hahahaha. Nice autobiography. Keep in touch.